Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Enthusiasm for Others

Titus 2:14 reads: He died...so that he could rescue us from constant falling into sin and make us his very own people, with cleansed hearts and real enthusiasm for doing kind things for others.

The rescue is not only for my own good but the the good of others.

Enthusiastically, I personally respond to the forgiveness of sin. With the same enthusiasm God calls me to do kind things for others.

God help me in this area for self-centered enthusiasm is narcissism. It stinks. May I not be a closed bud, but a full bloomed flower opened outward, bringing beauty and fragrance to the world about me by the enthusiastic doing of good for others. Amen

1 comment:

teters4 said...

Great words...I especially love the first paragraph. The journey is never over...the older we get the more we realize there is to know about "working out our salvation". Thanks for coming tonight...it's always nice to have friends in the audience!