Sunday, February 3, 2008

Unfullfilled Expectations

Before going to bed last night, I took a look out the front window. Granville Avenue was dark. Completely dark. Six to eight non-working street lights, victims of thieves who stole the prized copper wire. Now the lights stand as daytime symbols of unfulfilled night-time expectations to fill darkness with light.

After a few minutes in bed it hit me: if we're not careful (individually and corporately) thieves could steal our power leaving us as only a symbol of an unfulfilled expectation God has for His Church—to be light in the dark. Prayfully, when people look at the church they will not see us as lights out, an unfulfilled expectation.

1 comment:

Sher said...

Hey Doug! It's Sherry again! Keep on posting your blogs...love them all! It is so good to be able to connect with you again.

I have been following "LightStream's" page as well. It sure tugs at my heart every time I visit...so many times wishing I could still be center mic for J.C. Power Co. Oh how life zooms by way too fast.

I hope you are well and happy! I am out here, reading and watching all the great things you do in His name.

I think I sent you my web page addy. Actually, my mom may have given it to you. At any rate, here it is in case you don't have it:
http://www.xanga.com/bmwkrazy

You will find my email addy in the right-hand column of my web page (bmwbliss@yahoo.com). I'd love to hear from you!

Hawaiian Cockroaches to ya! ; ) You MUST remember that!?

Hugs and blessings ~ Sherry