Monday, January 22, 2007

Only I can do that!

Last week the dry cleaners cleaned the clothes, Steve shampooed the carpets, the gardeners mowed the lawn, but when it came to worship, only I could worship God for me. No one else could do it—not the worship team, the choir, or orchestra. Only I could worship God for me. Somethings, only we can do ourselves. Personal worship like our personal salvation is one of them. The psalmist in Psalm 145:1 wrote "I will exalt my God, my King." He was intent on doing the thing only he could do for God. Prayerfully, we'll not attempt to hand off our worship to others! If we do, we'll only fumble the ball in trying. A fumbled ball usually impedes forward progress.

His for The Journey!
Doug

1 comment:

Hale-Yeah! said...

This is why I like the term "lead worshipper". Worship isn't one of those things you can tell or command people to do, but if they can see you turning and exalting God, then maybe they will be turned to Him through you. I know that it encourages me to draw nearer to Christ when I hear you speak about your time with Him! Thanks.